There is nothing more delicious than a conversation with someones heart, not their head.
Chris Black, AKA, Chriddy is an exceptionally open hearted guy, who on top of being an extraordinary singer, songwriter and artist, is one of my clients.
He was recently on @thevoiceau and he shares about the massive lessons he’s gained by being thrust into the spotlight through this career advance and how that amplified some of the worst anxiety and fears of judgment he’s been working with for many years.
What we discuss in this episode:
- Chris’s experience of anxiety past, present and future and the impact of being on television as an artist and musician had on him
- The biggest lessons he learned about authenticity, vulnerability and expression by being on national television
- How to overcome negativity, criticism and rejection with a simple turn around thought
- The simple tools he uses to work through dark times, negative thoughts and the fear of judgment of others
- His experience with meditation, breath work, mindfulness and coaching and how he uses really simple practices to support a positive mindset and overcome fear on a day to day basis
- Sharing what’s it’s like as an artist to question and own what your “purpose” is and what that means to him and how he wants to contribute to others
- His experience of a deep euphoria through his practices and how he uses this to achieve his goals
- The advice he as for artists/anyone standing in the face of fear and following their dreams
- A VERY powerful action step for unlocking potential that we can all start doing right now
Each episode has a challenge for listeners and this episode Chris challenges you to dream up a big dream and each day in whatever way you have available to you right now, take a step or action towards it that scares the shit out of you.
We are always so stocked to read and see your reviews, so if you enjoyed it, please let us know what you think of The Amber Hawken Podcast by rating and reviewing us on your favourite platform – iTunes, Spotify, Libsyn.